· Article: Oracle JET – Getting Started with Modern Web Development This article by Oracle ACE Director Andreas Koop examines Oracle JET’s potential as an enterprise-grade framework for end-to-end client-side web application development, and then shows you how to get started building your first JET application. Read the article.
· Tutorial: Powerful and Easy ADF Data Control for XML Data ADF EMG XML Data Control, an open source initiative under the ADF Enterprise Methology Group (EMG) community, is an easy and declarative way to set up ADF Data Controls on XML files, services, or payloads. This article by Oracle ACE Richard Olrichs and Oracle ACE Director Wilfred van der Deijl delivers a hands-on, step-by-step tutorial for creating and using XML Data Control. Read the article.
· Article: Moving on Mobile How much of an impact is the "mobile first" concept having on actual development? Community members share their perspectives in this article from Oracle Magazine. Read the article.
· Podcast: Kscope 2016 Hotel Jam: ADF, MAF, and More At this year’s ODTUG Kscope event eight of the experts behind the Kscope ADF/MAF track gathered in a hotel room to discuss dev tools in general, Forms application modernization, mobile development, and other topics in a wide-ranging conversation that was captured for the latest OTN ArchBeat podcast. Listen to the podcast.
· Video: Provisioning a WebLogic 12c Domain in 2 Minutes Oracle ACE Arturo Viveros proves it can be done in this recent 2 Minute Tech Tip. Read the article.
· Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c (18.104.22.168.0) Released The release of Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c (22.214.171.124.0) encompasses a list of more than 20 FMW products, from Coherence to WebLogic Server. Click the link for the entire list, plus information on where to find documentation and downloads. Get the details.
· New: Oracle JDeveloper and Oracle ADF 12c (126.96.36.199.0) Oracle JDeveloper and Oracle Application Developer Framework 188.8.131.52 is a new release following 184.108.40.206 and is part of the larger Fusion Middleware 220.127.116.11 release. Get the details.
· On-Demand Webcast: Application Development and Deployment in the Cloud Join Gartner application development expert Mark Driver as he discusses the impact of lightweight and scripting applications on the traditional IT process, how cloud computing has changed app development, and how mobile development has changed expectations of developers and the apps they build. Register now.
· Oracle Node.js and Java Microservices Hackathons As an application developer, changing approaches to deployments, the adoption of PaaS, and other forms of digital disruption are having a big impact on how you develop applications. Oracle Hackathons provide a clear path to using Cloud Native methodologies to create, deploy, and manage web applications. And there’s a hackathon headed for your town. Get the details.
· UKOUG Update Registration now open for UKOUG Tech16 Conference & Exhibition 2016 www.tech16.ukoug.org Also featuring SuperSunday for an afternoon of highly technical content. 3 days of amazing content, 5th – 7th December, ICC Birmingham, UK. Register to benefit from presentations such as: MAA With Fusion Middleware 12c & Oracle Database 12c: A Retail Case Study & Middleware Roundtable & Advanced DevOps WebLogic Monitoring: Tips & Tricks & Should UX or BPM Drive Application Design? & Faster, Better, Cheaper: Oracle ADF Development in the Cloud & The Seven Ways Of Building Oracle Applications (Forms, APEX, ADF, JET, MAF, MAX, ABCS) & Standing at a Crossroads, ADF & JET. Not attended a UKOUG conference before – take a look at our video to find out more.
· UKOUG Application Server & Middleware SIG – 13th October – call for papers now open
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.