· Article: The New Cloud You: Adapting Skill Set and Mindset for Success in the Cloud Does the technological disruption brought on by cloud computing carry with it a commensurate skill disruption? How is the widespread adoption of cloud computing affecting architects, developers, and others in IT, and what are they doing to adapt their skills to the unique characteristics of cloud-based solutions? Insight from community members. Read the article.
· Resource Library: IT Strategies from Oracle You may have heard of the IT Strategies from Oracle (ITSO)collection of reference architectures, solution designs, and technology strategy documents, and you may have taken advantage of some of those resources in the past. But you may not know that access to the complete ITSO library no longer requires registration. The whole shebang is freely available on the OTN Community website. Browse the library.
· Podcast: Cloud Architect – Rising to the Role Recorded during Oracle OpenWorld, the latest OTN ArchBeat Podcast features Oracle ACE Directors Ron Batra, Simon Haslam, Ronald van Luttikhuizen, Frank Munz, and Sten Vesterli, plus Oracle ACE Associate Arturo Viveros in a free-flowing, wide-ranging conversation about the emerging role of the Cloud Architect. Listen to the podcast.
· Video: What You May Not Know About WLST AMIS senior Oracle Integration Consultant Maarten Smeets beats the clock by a mile with his quick tip on WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST) capabilities that may surprise you. Watch the video.
· Larry Ellison at OOW15: New Oracle Cloud Services and Ease-of-Use Advances Oracle Executive Chairman and CTO Larry Ellison introduced more than a dozen new Oracle Cloud services and capabilities in the opening keynote presentation at Oracle OpenWorld 2015 in San Francisco’s Moscone Center. Get the details.
· OTN Virtual Technology Summit – On-Demand Replay All middleware track sessions from the July 2015 and September 2015 OTN Virtual Technology Summit events are now available for on-demand viewing via a special group space on the OTN Community website. As a member of this group you’ll have access to all middleware session videos, plus you’ll be able to interact with session presenters and other community members for answers to any questions about the session content. Group membership is absolutely free. Join the group now.
· Proposed Schedule Change for Java 9 Chief Java Architect Mark Reinhold proposes a new schedule for Java 9, which may postpone the Java 9 milestones until March 2017. Learn the details about this announcement.
· WebLogic Now Java EE 7 Compatible! WebLogic 12.2.1 is now fully Java 7 certified as are GlassFish 4, WildFly 8, WebSphere Liberty Profile 8.5, Hitachi Cosminexus and TmaxSoft JEUS.
· OTN’s Virtual Technology Summit, replay Learn from Java Champions and Oracle Product Experts, as they share their insights and expertise through hands-on-labs, highly technical presentations, and demos.
· Using Docker in Java Applications The “Getting Started” guide to using Docker containers
· Building Apps Using WebSockets A simple API for long-lived web connections
· Java ME 8 + Raspberry Pi + Sensors = IoT World (Part 4) An IoT project in four parts
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.